Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Day For Love

As I'm sure you all know, today is Valentine's Day. I am pretty sure that this holiday was created by Hallmark and Russell Stover. Both of which can be dangerous on a woman's pocketbook. I woke up to a bouquet of lilies and a card from Mr Man. He's so sweet, he didn't buy me chocolates hoping to win our small weight loss challenge. I did splurge and eat a cupcake at each of the younger howlers' school parties. The older howler told me that it would be too embarrassing for me to show up at his party.

I got Mr Man a joke a day calendar for his new desk he built. I also got him this. Notice it's applewood scented, his favorite kind of bacon. I thought it was kind of funny since he has the high cholesterol and can no longer have regular bacon. He, of course, liked it because he's in touch with his feminine side.

Mr Man and I have been together for 12.5 years. We met while working together at a factory. I fell deeply in love with him from the moment I saw him. It took him a while of my mad flirting to make him feel the same. We had our first date at the movies. We saw Seven, what a date movie huh?? He didn't buy me popcorn or a soda and didn't kiss me good night. However he called the next day to see if I wanted to go to the Mall. You know it's love when he wants to take you to the mall. Unfortunately I was babysitting. We did go out for pizza the next day and clothing shopping for his daughter, Sneeze. She was 7 at the time. He was a single Dad raising his daughter with no help from the biomom. There's something about seeing a guy as a parent that lets you know how he truly is inside.

After about a week of seeing each other every day, we both laughed about how our cheeks hurt from smiling all of the time. It was definitely love. We moved in together a couple months together and 4 years later starting adding more howlers. We were married not long after I was pregnant with the first howler. We didn't get married because I was preggo, it just sort of happened.

Let me say that I love my husband much more today than I did in the beginning. There are many days when my cheeks hurt just like that first couple weeks. We are truly the best of friends and are perfect for each other. We never fight, but we do argue from time to time. I believe that we have the perfect marriage and I feel sorry for people who don't have what we have.

Mr Man, I know you'll be reading this some time. You truly are the love of my life. I am so glad that I slipped that love potion into those brownies.